Saturday, April 14, 2007

Task # 5

The knowledge that Flickr was out there was new to me when I started this process and this is the first time that I've gone on it. Before now I have only been familiar with the Kodak Gallery online because my friends used it. I haven't put albums of my pictures online personally before.
It is an interesting site. You can choose from so many different options for your photographs. My favorite part of it is the fact that it isn't just downloading photographs but it also has a place for people to create groups and talk about their pictures, and also this site allows and promotes third parties to share their own inventions such as the trip planner, Flickr toys, and other such services. There is something there for everyone.
Tagging is connecting photographs that have the same subjects, phrases, people, etc. through a link. By clicking on the tag one is able to call up photos that have the same subject (ex. sports, pets, surfing, etc). Someone can write their own tagline too. It makes it easier to find similar photographs.
An online community is a group of people who have the same interests in certain subjects. These people can communicate with each other and talk to one another about their photographs. This option brings people together who not only want to just look at photos but also discuss them. I found a photography critique group that looked really interesting.
I downloaded several pictures. One is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7810277@N02/459181703/

No comments: